top of page

About Us

What We Believe

We are saved by the grace of God alone — not by anything we do.

Our salvation is through faith alone — a confident trust in God, who in Christ promises forgiveness, life, and salvation.

the Bible is the norm for faith and life — the true standard by which teaching and doctrines are to be judged.


What is Lutheranism?

Lutheranism is a faith tradition that is open to all, regardless of background. The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is almost 5 million members strong, with nearly 10,500 congregations across the US, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Click here to learn more about the ELCA and what we believe.

Our Staff:
Pastor Silvia.HEIC
DeAnna Morgan.JPG

About Reformation

Reformation Lutheran Church, 400 West Main St., was organized on December 4, 1892 by the Rev. J. L. Murphy. He was followed in 1895 by the Rev. J. C. Barb. Barb laid the groundwork for a church building on Depot St. Rev. Francis Marion Harr, who served 1896-1899, designed and built the church on Depot St.



The church building was condemned by the fire department, torn down and the property sold. The church was reorganized in 1924 and Rev. W. C. Huddle was pastor and the church met in various places, from the courthouse to the episcopal church to the library. Rev. Lester A. Wertz came in 1930 and construction on a new church was begun in 1931, with only $5.37 in the bank.


A Mr. Fred Rosenblatt became the construction foreman and two farmer members of the congregation brought their teams and used a bull-tongue plow to loosen the earth, followed by a horse-drawn scoop to excavate the basement for the new church. The services were started in the basement. In the fall of 1932 services began to be held in the beautiful upstairs, with grand hardwood pews and many stained glass windows, the most beautiful being the one behind the altar.


The church bought next door property on Main Street, adding 67 front feet to the church property. In 1942 the annual budget of Reformation Lutheran Church was $2,807, including the Pastor’s salary of $1,000.


Reformation celebrated its 50th Anniversary. In 1954 Reformation remodeled their basement and added classrooms, and in 1969 they dedicated the new Parish Education Building and Fellowship Hall.


Increased attendance required two morning services. In 1973 property was purchased at 408 W. Main St. for future parking and also in 1973, the Easterly Memorial Pipe Organ was dedicated. In 1975, the narthex was expanded, the chapel relocated and the office and study expanded and remodeled.


Augsburg Hall and Parish Education Building were air-conditioned and the parking area added; kitchen expansion was begun.


The Centennial Year was celebrated in 1992 and in those first 100 years three young men from the congregation were ordained as ministers of the Lutheran Church. Since then, three other men have gone on to become Lutheran pastors, and Rev. Gerald Troutman went on to become a bishop of the Southeastern Synod of LCA.

Be Inspired

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page